Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours, and does not speak clearly.


Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they: eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

14 comments:

Daisy said...

I love this post! And I am in complete agreement, too. Oh, except for the part about not having to buy them the latest fashions...

Shaggy and Scout said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

That's why we're allowed to do anything we want. "Within reason," whatever that means.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

LOL that is great! My daddy would have to agree with Daisy. He think my kitty fashion is starting to get expensive. ~Queen Snickers

There's a hairball on my carpet said...

Amen to that!

What angers me as well is when someone comes to mine and my pets home and expects us to put up with their unruly, bratty children and yet I'm supposed to lock my pets away somewhere so the company doesn't have to tolerate my animals.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

Just Ducky said...

Mum agrees and has that posted at work for all to read.

The Meezers or Billy said...

mommy agrees with everything but the "eats less" part. - Miles

hi to our bestest furriends

Ivan from WMD said...

Plus, they don't care if you've put on weight, haven't washed your hair or put on makeup!

muffinmidi said...

We loved this post.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We loved it! Fits us puurrfectly!

Hot(M)BC said...

Mom and Grandma have that posted on the cold box door! It's true! If the visitors don't like us, they can go visit somewhere else instead. hehehe
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Boni Maroni

Anonymous said...

HA! And a big Amen from this corner of cyberspace.

The Crew said...

Hahahaha! Mom says "Yes" to #3!