Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hi, My Name Is Winter

and I am the newest member of The Big Piney Woods Cats. The Momma Lady I see in the cabin calls me Winter Ghost. (Ghost because I disappear a lot.) She doesn't know if I am a boy or a gurl. The only thing she does know is that I appeared one day in mid December, furry skinny and afraid, afore the big snows came , eating Mistrie's fud. She followed my toe prints a long way in the woods afore she turned around. I found the bed under the deck out back, and wud come to the front to eat after dark. Then the snow got so bad the Momma Lady made a path between the house and the huge snow bank. She had to bend ofur so she wouldn't hit her head on the roof. Efurryday she brought a big spoon and scooped the snow away from my insulated house and she put a feeding station up for me, so I didn't have to leave. The snows were so deep, I couldn't go anywhere. Mistrie kept checking on me though. (She followed the Momma Lady's path,) but she really doesn't like me much. Now the snow is crusted and hard and has melted down, so I am out and about, again. Momma Lady looked at me through the window and I looked back, furry nicely, curling my tail around my tosies. The calico with the big toes looked at me for a long time, too. I have seen two other cats in the cabin, but they don't pay me no mind.

~Winter Ghost~

Note from CalicoMom Toni......this is the first time I have seen Winter looks so at ease and happy, and in good shape. Gone is the terrible fear in her eyes. He/she is perfectly marked, with a raccoon tail. I have never seen Winter and Mistrie interact, although Mistrie will sit for hours, right where Winter is sitting. Mistrie re-marks everything daily. She loves the girls so much, I was hoping they would become good friends, she (Mistrie) seems so lonesome sometimes.

15 comments:

Daisy said...

I was a little bit worried about Winter, but I am so happy to see she is looking so good. I am glad you are looking out for her.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Winter is beautiful and I love her picture!!

COME BY OUR BLOG FOR AN EXCITING STORY:
http://taylorcatsssss.blogspot.com/

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

We are glad Winter Ghost is doing so well. Our own visitor has been scarce, Momma was worried but she saw Maneki this morning on her way to day hunting. He/she almost ran in front of her car, but turned abound and went back to the sidewalk and watched momma. Momma thought about getting out but when ever she gets near, Maneki runs away and she didn't have any treats on her. Its bad storms today, we hope he is will come take advantage of our porch again if he has no where else to go. ~Queen Snickers

Shaggy and Scout said...

Glad you came out for us to get a look at your prettiness, Winter.
Could you & squirt be related. You share some features.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Winter, we is glad you is doing well. very glad. maybe once spring comes you and Mistrie will become furriends!! But for now, will you join Patches and Mittens and Precious and Mistrie as one of our furriends? They is our bestest furriends!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh hello Winter. You are a very beautiful girl. Do you know what a lovely place you have found?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hello Winter, you do look lovely. We are glad to see a pikchur of you.
Mistrie, we haf tagged you furr a meme. Visit our blog to find out about it.

meemsnyc said...

Hi Winter, nice to meet you.

Just Ducky said...

Hello Winter! It is so nice to see a close up picture of you and that you look furry well. I hope you take Calico Mom Toni's invite and make the Big Piney Woods your new home.

Purrs. Derby

Motor Home Cats said...

Winter, you are very pretty/handsome. We hope you will soon feel as comfortable with your new Momma as Mistrie does. You have a very good home.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Milton said...

Hi Winter Ghost!
Its nice to see you doing so well. I'm glad that the worst of the winter is over so that you can be out and about. I hope that you and mistrie get along. There should be plenty of room in the Big Piny Woods

Ivan from WMD said...

She looks very healthy and happy! I'm glad she let your mom get a nice picture of her.

DK & The Fluffies said...

That is a lovely picture of Winter - we can't wait to hear more about her/him.

Forty Paws said...

Winter is gorgeous!

Luf, Us

Tommy and Teaghan said...

What a beautiful Tuxie Winter is.