The Big Piney Woods Cats

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Home In The Pines


Derby suggested writing new words to a song that is already written. Here is mine, sung to Home On The Range.

Home In The Pines

Oh give me a house, where I can play with a mouse
Where the sun shines in windows, sublime
Where seldom is heard; the no, no, no word
Stinky goodness is served all the time.

Chorus:
Home, home in the pines
Where the sun continually shines
Where seldom is heard; the no, no, no word
Stinky goodness is served all the time.

Oh give me a tree, so that me and Derby
Can climb to the ceiling, so high
Where seldom is heard; the no, no, no word
Stinky goodness is served all the time.

Chorus:
Home, home in the pines
Where the sun continually shines
Where seldom is heard; the no, no no word
Stinky goodness is served all the time.

Patches Lady
Composed (sort of) 7/25/06

Posted by One Of The Girls at 6:48 AM

15 Comments

  • Blogger The Meezers posted at 7:45 AM  
    oh Patches, you are furry talented! And we loves the pikshur!
  • Blogger Derby posted at 9:12 AM  
    Yes, excellent effort from the ladies in the Big Piney Woods. Brava.
  • Blogger Gemini posted at 9:22 AM  
    OH OH OH! What a nice song you have too! Efurryone has good songs and I just don't know any good songs to sing about.
  • Blogger DEBRA posted at 10:58 AM  
    Furry good Miss Patches. LOVE DA PIXSHUR!!! HAhahahahahahaha

    *ABBY
  • Blogger Grr, Midnight & Cocoa posted at 12:04 PM  
    EXCELLENT! we loves your song an our Lady effun singed it fur us - don't tell her, but she doesn't sing so good
  • Blogger Edsel/The Pooch posted at 12:13 PM  
    oh, that is a wonderful song. you ladies love your home!
  • Blogger Hot(M)BC posted at 1:07 PM  
    Super song Patches.

    I'm telerporting over to see Mistrie and hide from the mean Mom who tricked me into the carrier and took me to the mean V-E-T. I can hide under the hemlocks wif her I hope.

    ~~ Gree
  • Blogger Zeus posted at 1:53 PM  
    FABULOUS! This was really cute and clever! :)
  • Blogger Scooby, Shaggy & Scout posted at 3:22 PM  
    Wonderful job!
  • Blogger one of us posted at 4:12 PM  
    Fantabulous song and so catchy. We love it ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko
  • Blogger brandi posted at 4:30 PM  
    Mama sang it to me. I like it. Wish I was talented nuff to write one. Been thinking all day (between naps), but nothing has happened.

    I sort of like my mama's voice
  • Blogger Beau Beau & Angie posted at 6:22 PM  
    We almost couldn't sing the song being stuck on that wonderful expression on yur face.
  • Blogger Victor Tabbycat posted at 6:36 PM  
    That's a great song! I specially like "seldom is heard, the no, no, no word!" and the stinky goodness, of course.
  • Blogger Victor Tabbycat posted at 6:58 PM  
    Hi. Me again. Umm. I, ummm.
    {shifts paws nervously}
    Ummm... I hope you gals... girls... will come see my blog... cuz, ummm...
    {flicks tail nervously}
    Iwroteyouasong
    andit'snotfurrygoodbut
    Ihopeyoulikesitanyway.
    {gasps, turns tail and races away}
  • Blogger Emma's Kat posted at 8:24 PM  
    Victor, were you flirting?? Awwww! Anyway, Patches! Great job on your song! I love it! Emma and I can't seem to get one together. We're still thinkin'! Great yawny picture, btw!
  • Post a Comment

    <<< Follow Our Paws Home

    vvvvvvvvvvv