Friday, March 17, 2006

Tribute To Moses

Moses is gone, but not forgotten......
Moses Kitty has been sent to live in a barn. His people took him there yesterday, after trying to fix his behavior problems. This is going to be so hard for him as he was an indoor kitty, and was used to that lifestyle. Now he must face the cold and bad weather. We are sad and we hang our heads, as we send happy thoughts to him. Stay safe, sweet Moses, stay warm, sweet Moses, stay healthy, sweet Moses. Hopefully, some good person will find it in their heart to give you a furrever home. To view Moses' blog go HERE. Please leave comments to his people. Maybe, together,we can find a better solution. We hope...............

Yesterday Patches had two huge tears in her eyes. They weren't irritation type tears, no these were genuine huge teardrops. I wiped them away and gave her a hug. Her eyes were fine, clear and catlike, no sign of anything wrong; there were no more tears, just those two. I wrote to Oreo's Mom and Daisy's Mom about this, if they had ever heard of such a thing, do cats cry? We all just shrugged it off.....until I read about Moses .
Then I knew.......


Yes, it's me, here in the shadows
I hear your voice, I see your eyes
Have you come to love me, again
Or just ease your guilty mind.

I am here, in the cold darkness
Alone, bewildered, afraid
Are you leaving me, again
With nothing but a memory.

Sad, so very sad
Yes, you left me, again
Life is not fair
But, whoever said it was.
~Moses~

We, in the cat blogging community, become very close, feeling a special bond with all the kitties. It is terribly hard when an unfortunate incident like this plays out. We all mourn his loss, we all feel bad and wish him well; he was "our" Moses too!
Mom...... to Patches, Mittens and Mistrie

11 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Meezers or Billy said...

That was very beautiful Patches Mom. And to answer your question - yes cats do cry. Trixie cried after the death of her brother Ralph, and she has cried over the health of her twin, who is dying. I have wiped tears from her face.

Spock said...

:( we am all sad too.

PrincessMia said...

I am very sad about this. I hope he will be OK.

Edsel/The Pooch said...

it's too bad they didn't find another way. i hope he'll be okay livin' outside since he's used to a house....and people. i hope that never happens to me, it would break my heart.....

Chatham said...

My Cat Couch is terribly worried about Moses. We don't think that a barn is good for him, especially after being an inside cat all this time. I am so sad . . .

Fat Eric said...

I read Moses's blog. It is very sad. I hope he adjusts to being a barn cat OK.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

You gave such a loving tribute and are a very special person. We're giving Moses a special prayer tonight to help him adjust to his new life.

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

We are so sad and worried 'bout poor Moses too. We am sendin' special purrayers that he'll be okay and will find an indoor furrever home.

Jasmine said...

I read about this the other day on Moses' blog. Patches - it also made me cry. :~( This is not the first time I've heard about a kitty being told to leave when the baby arrived. Very upsetting. I would never do this to a kitty. :(

Jasmine
(a bean who loves kitties)

prairiesunshine said...

Angel has behavioral problems. No we don't have a baby. I suspect I'd take it much more seriously if we did, but Angel has never exhibited problems around babies. Usually only adults who insist on doing things to her we warned them not to do. Often after we warn people that she is neurotic and to keep your fingers close at hand, suddenly Angel will be best friends with them and stick to them all night. It was like this at Christmas with 20 people in the house. Not hiding under the bed as we suspected she would and she never once hissed, bit or scratched. She hung out with the ladies and brushed against everyone's legs as though she loved them all.

But my heart is sad because its like I know that Angel will be one of those cats that, though we take care of her well and she should live a long life, will not live the long life normally destined to an indoor kitty. Its just something I feel and its like I know her behavioral problems are a sign of something else that has not yet presented. We were told she could live as long as 30 years, but she gets harder and harder to live with. But I'd never send her to the farm, even though I love the farm. I know what happens to the cats on the farm. I could not imagine my poor Angel sleeping in the barn with strange cats and even stranger huge animals and all the rest that goes with farming.

So I do all I can to make and keep her comfortable and hope that one day soon we'll hit on the reason for her neurotic behavior and be able to fix it. I think we may be getting closer. Someone mentioned colitis and I'll look into it. Its behavior problems she's had straight from birth. I think we need to invest in a thorough exam and stop dilly dallying.

Don't get me wrong. I love the cats at the farm. In fact I will soon do a tribute to CeCe who left for Rainbow Bridge last year. She was my favorite, a calico, quite old, always a farm cat. But life on the farm is rough. And its sad to show up one day to find one of your favorites gone. Two cats lost on the farm this past year.

Losing pets makes my heart sad. I hope Moses will be okay, but more than that, I hope Moses will be chosen by someone else who has the room, time, patience and love to do the best thing for him, whatever that may be.

I'm a real softie. My cats ARE my babies, and always will be. Now I must go give them a hug and squeeze as I hear Daddy is already snoring and its beddy-bye time for us. We have a day of shopping ahead. Need to go buy mousetraps, you can read all about it at both Taz & Angel's blogs. It was quite an exciting adventure. An Urban Safari. We'll be dreaming of mousies tonight....

Luv the Mama