The Big Piney Woods Cats

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Candles

Mine Mom love candles. She has a Christmas candle she is still burning and it went sideways as it burned so she put it on the hearth of the hot metal fire box we use to heat the cabin when it is cold. Being the nosey kitty I am, I had to go over and sniff. She told me "NO," really loud, and said I would burn my whiskers off! She put it up so I wouldn't be tempted to sniff it and burn something like my little nose or whiskers, which I really need. I liked looking at the flame though; Makes me very drowsy. She told me, "fire has it's place." Guess fire can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Patches

Posted by One Of The Girls at 6:48 AM

10 Comments

  • Blogger The Meezers posted at 6:55 AM  
    our mommy says NO to us too when we try and look at candle's burning. Mommy says Gramma Trixie burned her whiskers, nose AND tail once when she gotted too close to a candle. Mommy yelled NO to her and she turned around and stucked her tail right into the flame! And didn't know it was on fire! Mommy had to pick her up and dunk her in the sink.
  • Blogger Scooby, Shaggy & Scout posted at 8:30 AM  
    Yeah, that candle looks like its seen better days. Happy Valentines Day girls!
  • Anonymous Daisy posted at 8:35 AM  
    And duzzent it make a horribel smell when thuh tail furrz get on fire!
  • Blogger Les Trois Chats posted at 12:25 PM  
    Meezers' Mom - Oh my GOSH!! I'd better watch out around fire with my beautiful fluffy tail - it would go up like a haystack! Mom says Heather never tried to get into the fireplace, but Nala and I have been in the fireplace (luckily sans fire). That's why we have screens now. (Nala and I are both white, and Mom had to chase us, covered in soot, around the room and then wash us. She was not happy.)

    Be careful Patches! Fire is definitely good - in its place. And soot is no fun at all. (And as poor Grandma Trixie knows, being on fire isn't great, either.)

    ~ moose
  • Blogger Badness posted at 5:02 PM  
    The Mother stopped burning candles because I very accidentally burned my eyebrows off...several times.
  • Blogger Edsel/The Pooch posted at 7:29 PM  
    we only burn candles now that are inside of glass thingys so we are safe. a kitty before we came caught his tail on fire on a candle. luckily my Mom saw it and put the fire out but it coulda been really bad news for everybody. no open flames when there are kitties around is the rule!
  • Blogger Orlando Bun posted at 7:57 PM  
    Hoppy Valentine's Day!
  • Blogger Max posted at 9:03 PM  
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

    I hate hot stuffs...
  • Blogger William posted at 6:30 AM  
    Fire close up is bad for us. Whatever you do, don't try to sniff it!
  • Blogger George, Tipper, Max & Misty posted at 9:33 AM  
    Oh, no, No, NO. Don't go by fire.
  • Post a Comment

    <<< Follow Our Paws Home

    vvvvvvvvvvv