Well, winter is almosts here. The following are things that help you know the cold is arriving:
1. Many nights there is frost and the days are colder.
2. Momma gets rid of all the purrty fowlers and Daddy rakes and burns leaves.
3. I grow my winter furrs and look round and fat. I eat a lot, too.
4. The fairies go to bed for a long winters nap. (I said goodnight to them yesterday and tiptoed away.)
5. There is snow on the mountains.
6. Momma gets my bed in the wood shed ready, and Daddy makes steps so I can get up there easy, from both ends. They will be using the seasoned wood from last year that is on the East end, my nice bed is on the West end. There is a long tunnel between the East/West end, just high enough for me to get through, so I am really protected.
7. Momma checks the beds in Hemlock Haven and pronounces them clean and unused and ready for me, if I need them.
8. Daddy gets the snow eating monster out, and also the big spoons that Momma uses to put the snow from one pile to another (I still haven't figured that one out, but it is nice that she clears me a path.)