Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mittens... On Purring

The Mom was upstairs, I was downstairs, on the chair in the dining room, when I began calling her. At first, she was concerned; was something wrong? She came down and patted my head. I jumped down and purred her a nice melody, letting the sound go really deep in my throat, wrapping around her legs and talking fine, of things important to me. She listened and petted me and talked back in her funny human talk, some words I know, others are a mystery, they make no sense. She bent down and said, "Mittens, you are so sweet." Why didn't she just say, "Mittens, mewowr murp," it means the same thing; but I don't think she grasps the concept of easy language, she prefers it difficult. Edsel agrees with me on that, check out his post for Monday.

Mittens

11 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

Our mommy cannot grasp the kitty language eifer. it's sad. - Miles

Zeus said...

I hear Blogger has Audioblogging. You should post your beautiful singing for us all to hear!

The Crew said...

I couldn't agree more. I'll be posting on this same subject in a few days. If cats ruled the world, everyone would be required to speak our language!

Maxwell Smartkitty

Anonymous said...

You purring is such a calming thing. We humans crave it sometimes.

-n

Twizzler, Jack, Fwankwin, and Gracie said...

Humans would have a lot less problems with eachother if they could just purr!

Anonymous said...

Nothing to do with kitty langwidge, Miss Mittens, but what a lovely set of whiskers you have. Today's piksher shows them off very nicely.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Beau Beau needs to take lessons on purring from you Mittens. He thinks just breathing heavy is purring. Maybe he just needs to grow some more.
Angie

Just Ducky said...

Mum tries to meow back at me. It is funny what she is actually saying. I can't begin to translate, it wouldn't make sense.

Edsel/The Pooch said...

why are we all so smart??? hehe - look at us - we are TAKEN CARE OF. WE DON'T HAVE JOBS. THEY CATER TO OUR EVERY WHIM. hehe

Boni said...

Sanjee trained Mom to make some kitty words. And Sanjee was just a tiny kitten then! Mom can say "Stop that or you're in really big trouble," and "NOW you're in really big trouble" and "hi" and a few other simple things. She's lost her ability to learn now, apparently, though, since she hasn't picked up anything new lately. Edsel's (purrs) right, of course, that we're much smarter than beans.

Mittens, that's a really purrty picture of you. It shows off your purrty face so nice. :) Tell your Mom she did a good job with that one. Maybe she'll understand it?

Victor Tabbycat said...

Purr, purr, merrroww, purrr. Meow-oow