The Big Piney Woods Cats

Monday, June 04, 2007

Scam Alert

Please check your phone bill monthly for charges that look suspicious. We were billed $7.14 from a business called OAN Services. Their website is bogus. (http://www.oanweb.com/) I called Verizon and they told me that they (Verizon) bill so many 3rd parties, they don't check to see who they are. OAN claims we made a directory assistance call at 6:50 AM (we never call at that time) and the charge was $7.14. When I called the toll free number, the guy said he would cut a check and block our phone number; very nice. Of course, we would never see the check, the lady at Verizon verified this, and took the amount off our bill. I did a search for OAN scams and they have been doing this for 8 years!!

Go HERE to see what others have said.

Back to regular cat blogging tomorrow.

CalicoMom Toni

Posted by One Of The Girls at 6:36 AM

12 Comments

  • Blogger Dragonheart posted at 6:35 AM  
    Scary how many of these scams are out there! I'm glad Verizon took care of it for you.
  • Blogger The Meezers posted at 7:22 AM  
    That was nice of Verizon to take the charges off your bill. I will have to check my bill too! - Meezer Mom Mary
  • Blogger Zippy, Sadie and Speedy posted at 7:41 AM  
    Oh oh, now yoo haf mom wondering cuz she duzzent think dad checks da bills furry closely. 8 years is a long time to get away wif rip-offs like dis. Why aren't dem bad beans in jail?
  • Blogger Daisy posted at 7:54 AM  
    Thanks for the warning. I better go check our bill!
  • Blogger The Crew posted at 9:27 AM  
    I don't concern myself with bills...that's Mom & Dad problem, but I'll let them know what you said.

    George
  • Blogger DEBRA posted at 10:24 AM  
    *geesh*

    Those bad scammers!!!
    Glad you caught it.

    Abby
  • Blogger Beau Beau & Angie posted at 4:27 PM  
    We bet those scammers have really bad lives. All one of dem. Dey prolly don't sleep good eifur.
  • Blogger Marie the Defender posted at 5:20 PM  
    That totally pisses my mommy off! She hates scammers, and sure hates those middlemen who SHOULD be double-checking to make sure the billing is correct and they don't!?

    I am glad that your mommy checked and got the charge taken off. Everyone should always check their stuff she says.

    Anyways, I can't wait to hear from you kitties again tomorrow!
  • Blogger Derby posted at 6:18 PM  
    Mum is furry good about checking the bills. That is when I attack her feets, when she sits at her desk.
  • Blogger Suzanne posted at 10:20 PM  
    thank you for the public service announcement! i *love* how we work to take care of each other!

    love
    --suz
    mama toni
  • Blogger Marilyn MonREOW posted at 12:20 AM  
    Oh, scams are awful! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll make sure Mom knows about it.

    Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.
  • Blogger Karen Jo posted at 1:41 AM  
    Thanks for the warning. I never imagined such a thing could happen. I'll be checking my phone bill much more carefully now. I'm glad Verizon fixed your bill.
  • Post a Comment

    <<< Follow Our Paws Home

    vvvvvvvvvvv