Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Words Of Wisdom
Listen up bloggers......this means you!
The following was sent to us by Engish Daisy's Mom Sue. Now quite your computing!!
1. "Computers, in the future, may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949.
2. "I think there is a world market for, maybe, five computers."-- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
3. "I have traveled the length and breadth of this country, and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year." -- The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957.
4. "But what ... is it good for?"-- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,commenting on the microchip.
5. "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital EquipmentCorp., 1977.
Posted by One Of The Girls at 7:08 AM
Kaze, Latte, or Chase posted at 6:39 AM
Haha, isn't it funny how stupid beans can be? They always like to think they know everything.
The Meezers posted at 7:06 AM
hahahaha silly beans. mommy says they were furry "shortsighted"
Hi to our bestest furriends!
Cheysuli posted at 7:57 AM
Oh don't forget the famous Bill Gates quote: "No one will ever need more than 4 mg of memory."
Daisy posted at 8:17 AM
They were not very smart back then I guess.
Dragonheart posted at 11:07 AM
Very funny! Humans can be so silly!
Grr, Midnight & Cocoa posted at 3:31 PM
number 2 'specially cracked us up - we've got more than 5 computers in our house! (7 currently hooked up, 5 not)
Eric and Flynn posted at 4:11 PM
yikes!!! If owr compooter weighed 1.5 tons we fink it wud crash through the floor.
Forty Paws posted at 4:22 PM
Tee hee! That's funny. Wonder what they would have said about cats using computers?
Tara posted at 6:30 PM
And no one thought cats would over take dogs as the number 1 pet in the US either. Shows what they know!
Edsel/The Pooch posted at 7:07 PM
Precious what a pretty picture of you!
Derby posted at 7:12 PM
So funny. Mum has owned or used way more than 5 computers in her life. Plus lots of machines that were based on computers.
Cute picture Precious.
William posted at 8:35 PM
I liked No. 2, too. That Tom Watson, what a card!
Spoiler posted at 9:03 PM
I agree with all those points. I'm never getting a computer. There'd be nothing to do with it.
Max posted at 10:28 PM
Heh. Even Bill Gates wasn't as forward thinking as one might expect. He didn't think anyone would ever need more than 32 megs of RAM in their computer...
Taz n Angel posted at 1:14 AM
man were those people stoopid!!
One of us posted at 2:10 AM
ahahahahahahaha that's a joke right? What Mom? OMG you mean 'beans really thoughts this? ~Merlin, shadow, Ko KO
DEBRA posted at 3:29 AM
This was very funny!
Name: Mr. Hendrix posted at 8:39 AM
This is funny! I guess they didn't realize that we cats / woofies / bunnies / birdies / lizards etc. had so much to say. You know, that is why our beans have computers in our homes.....It can't be any other reason right?
Jake and Bathsheba posted at 8:37 PM
What fabulous quotes! And from people in the industry. We make no predictions and just take the technology that comes.
We love your expression in the photo.
<<< Follow Our Paws Home